My sister sent me pictures and the flashback that came with it was massive
I could remember how everything playedout on that sunday. The house helps we had then had a terrible way of waking us up with utali (Cane), I could also remember the taste of the kelloggs corn flakes i had that morning because it was literally the only thing i ate that made me feel happy at the time.
I could remember my mom yelling in a loud tone of her voice for us to get dressed up, i didn't want to go anywhere but did anyone care about my feelings, No 💔... I could remember how that was the first time i saw my Dad give a testimony in church and that was the last time i ever saw him ever go to any church, lol.
The one thing i never forgot was him handing me that water bottle in that picture and him warning me not to loose it, so i made sure i guarded it with my life, even though i got tired of carrying it i still had the rope tied to my hand. He decided to give us a treat at Mr biggs in 22rd in festac after his testimony. So he asked everyone to go inside and place their order when we got there, before that he asked me to sit outside and wait for him to get something from his car. He came out with his camera and took me the first unaware shot, when i noticed the flash and tilted my worn out face and he gave me another shot.
He then asked me to get up and walk towards him. Na so i carry water bottle because i no kuku get strength to speak english if i loss am and with little emotion in my eyes 🙃, he noticed how worn out i was so he carried me and went into the restaurant and proceeded to order our food. I could remember the taste of their jollof rice with ketchup chicken ad ice cream i had that day, it tasted like heaven 😋
This memory made me happy because i thought i couldn't remember most things that happened in my past but this picture reminded me of so much. It reminded me of what love felt like, most especially when it came from someone you can call daddy and you'll see them doing little things that make you happy inside.
I miss that man so much, and i had to write this down because I miss him so much 😔💔
RIP Daddy




Comments
Post a Comment